The Jones Funeral Homes in both Dixon and Amboy have a long history stretching back to 1897 when the Jones Funeral Home in Dixon was established by Royal and Celia Jones. During the 115 years since then family members including J. Willard, Elizabeth and Patrick R. Jones, Sr., and present day owner and Patrick R. Jones Jr., have operated the business. In 1972 the business expanded when the Mihm Funeral Home in Amboy was purchased and has operated since that time as the Mihm-Jones Funeral Home. In the 1930’s the Jones Funeral Home in Dixon moved to its present location in the historic J.W. McAlpine Home at the corner of Ottawa Ave. and Second St where the clock in the front yard provides those traveling East Second St. and beyond with the correct time of day or night.